Tuesday 28 October 2014

Upcoming Travel: Sikkim

The time has come for me to indulge in a vacation to the very beautiful north eastern state in India – Sikkim. (I haven’t been there as yet, but I am saying this based on what I see, read and hear). This will be my first trip to North East India and I plan to stay for roughly nine days in Sikkim. 


I have been planning this trip for a long while in my head and I am very happy that I am finally doing it. With the tickets done and hotels booked, I am all geared to fly to Bagdogra (Bagdogra is in West Bengal and is the closest airport to go to Sikkim. Sikkim does not have any airport) and be closer to the mighty Himalayas. 

I generally have a planned itinerary and I do have an idea of the geography that I am going to cover. 

I will be covering four places – Gangtok, Lachen (North Sikkim), Lachung (North Sikkim) and Pelling (West Sikkim).


I am very excited and looking forward to my trip. A detailed travel blog with tips, advice and photograph will be up after the trip.  I hope I will have lots of photographs, stories and experiences to share with you all. 

More to follow…


No comments:

Post a Comment